Sunday, October 26, 2008

About me...

I am Joanna, currently in third year in NUS, majoring in Life Sciences with concentration in Biomedical Sciences. I am interested in the workings of biology. Essentially life sciences is the study of life, the very foundation of human existence. Hopefully, my academic emphasis will shed some light on the many mysteries surrounding of the human anatomy and also the processes that kept us alive.

On the other hand, Singapore is remaking herself into a biomedical hub and I believe that my education will better equip myself to be part of the remaking process in the rapidly expanding biomedical industry.

I was an active member of the Taekwondo Club during my JC days. During my stint in JC, I have obtained the grade of 1st Dan and have represented the college for national competitions. My keen interest in the sports have continued on as I have occasionally assisted in conducting Taekwondo lessons for schooling children in community centres. This sport is not only physically demanding but also mentally challenging, and most importantly, it instills in me the personal quality of discipline. Acquiring this quality has been very helpful in many aspects of my life. My other hobby includes playing volleyball, reading and traveling.

4 Comments:

At November 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Derek ong plays a bit of pingpong said...

Hi Joanna,

Your biodata explains yourself well, but I thought the second paragraph might have been redundant since it is too detailed. I get a good understanding of what you want to do with your life, as well as what you do to enrich it, but I felt that more can be said about your aspirations. Noting the word limit, perhaps details like the community centre could be left out to be more concise so as to retain the reader's attention.

However, this biodata let's me understand you better. Do keep up your good work and may your aspirations come true!

Derek

 
At November 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM , Blogger GuangYi said...

Hello Joanna

I think that your biodata is well-structured. It clearly explains why you have chosen to major in Life Sciences.

Just on a personal note, I didn’t expect that you do Taekwondo. Maybe it is because of the soft-spoken and lady-like demeanour you present in class. Ha Ha!

Nonetheless, I think taking some form of martial arts is good. It not only trains you up physically, but also inculcates discipline in that person. Hope you agree.

Cheers
Guang Yi

 
At November 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM , Blogger oxy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM , Blogger oxy said...

Hi Joanna,

I agree with Guangyi that your BioData was quite well structure and it definitely explains quite a bit about yourself.

However, I feel that perhaps you could emphasis more about how the skills that you had acquired from Taekwondo can be useful in your life or the career which you wish to embark in.

Furthermore, I think it would be good if you mention what you wish to achieve in life and how the things that you are doing now allow you to reach your goal. This may make your BioData looks more complete.

Xinyi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home